The Best of NeoCon 2018
This year at NeoCon, Herman Miller debuted more new products than you could count on both hands. Check out all the new designs in our gallery, and see what it means to be in good company with Herman Miller’s family of brands.
(Scroll through the gallery above for product photos)
1. Axon Tables – The conference table rethought as a networked hub of connectivity
Axon Tables were designed with the A&D person in mind—and also the IT person, the AV integrator, the facility manager, and the people who use the table.
With Axon Tables, we approached the idea of simplicity holistically. Naoto Fukasawa and Keiji Takeuchi not only created a beautifully clean design with an incredibly intuitive interface, but Geiger also went a step further to make the process of specifying, ordering, and installing Axon Tables as simple as possible as well.
2. Leeway Seating – Chairs and stools that offer maximum freedom in a minimal footprint
With Leeway Seating, Keiji Takeuchi set out to design seating that maximizes freedom of movement within a minimal footprint. To achieve this, he leveraged Geiger’s strength in woodcraft to create a crescent-shaped, cantilevered backrest, which supports elbows while accommodating the side-to-side movements people make while socializing or collaborating.
3. Bespoke Case-goods – Geiger case-goods lay the foundation for custom-crafted executive spaces
Custom-crafted case-goods celebrates everything that makes Geiger case-goods unique in one beautiful setting. A medley of materials, functionality, including height adjustable services, technology support, and custom-manufactured demonstrate Geiger’s prowess in customizing products for clients by addressing the functional needs of the person at work while incorporating exquisite materials and impeccable finishing.
4. Reframe Lounge Furniture – Refined comfort for working lounge areas
BEST OF NEOCON 2018 - Editors’ Choice Award - Lounge Furniture Collection
Reframe lounge seating addresses a need among architects and interior designers for more options to help them realize the potential of working lounge areas. Once workers are introduced to comfortable settings that support casual collaboration in the workplace, they tend to be drawn to them — to the point where they become the most popular settings in the office.
5. Canvas Vista – Designed by Joey Ruiter, this system makes small workstations feel big, and gives people the chance to personalize their workspaces.
Canvas Vista has a trim design, freeing up space that can be used to add either people or diverse settings. It provides compression without compromise, giving people all they need in a space they can personalize. Part of the Canvas Office Landscape platform, Vista gives organizations a refined way to furnish offices and express their character.
6. Living Office Settings– Refocus the workplace on people
Outfit your office with settings fine-tuned to people’s activities and needs. With your workplace strategy as a guide, we help you specify and seamlessly deploy furnishings and digital tools in settings where people are more efficient and creative. Save time and money by working with our partners and us to design, order, and install furnishings and digital tools. This efficient process ensures you get only the products people need to accomplish their work and that all components are in sync with one another.
7. Overlay – Bring clarity to the open office with Overlay, a system of movable walls designed by Ayse Birsel and Bibi Seck.
A system of freestanding, sub-architectural walls, Overlay brings new functionality to the open floorplan. It takes only a few hours and a few people to move an Overlay space from one location to another in the floorplan, allowing it to function as one space today and serve a totally different purpose tomorrow. Overlay’s quiet aesthetic can be turned up or dialed down—outfitted with a variety of textiles, laminates, glass, white boards, or custom materials—to reflect the character of an organization.
8. Cosm – Sit in Cosm, and you just might forget you’re sitting in a chair at all.
Best of NeoCon Gold, Ergonomic Seating Interior Design HiP Award, Ergonomic Seating #MetropolisLikes Award
Its sophisticated ergonomic design instantly responds to your body, movement, and posture to provide natural balance and total support. Cosm’s Auto-Harmonic Tilt, Intercept suspension, and flexible frame work together to give you a feeling of weightlessness. The tilt instantly and automatically provides balanced support and movement, depending on your body and posture. Designed by Studio 7.5.
9. Lino – Designers Sam Hecht and Kim Colin found inspiration in constraint while designing Lino, a chair that lives at the nexus of comfort and value.
A new ergonomic task chair at the nexus of comfort and value, Lino brings scientifically backed comfort and a wide range of aesthetic options to the workplace or home. Everyone should enjoy a well-designed, comfortable chair while they work, and Lino helps make that possibility a reality. Designed by Sam Hecht and Kim Colin.
10. Elements – The most diverse selection of ancillary furnishings in the industry—all from across Herman Miller’s family of brands. With 6 brands, 8 categories, 680+ products including seating, tables, storage, accessories, and more.
11. Maars – New to Herman Miller's family of brands, Maars creates interior walls that harmonize air, light, sound, and color.
Maars is the supplier of high quality customized wall and cladding solutions for buildings to improve people’s well-being and productivity. Maars is a Dutch-based manufacturer with 70 years of experience providing world class solutions and stands for excellent service with various and integrated customized projects. Their very wide range of products have a refined design, are high quality, and demonstrate worldwide leadership in fire and sound certificates and sustainability.
12. Palisade – Best of NeoCon Silver, Healthcare Lounge
The Palisade collection of healthcare products for public and waiting spaces embodies that principle, communicating care and comfort. Designed by Jess Sorel for Nemschoff, these scalable solutions make guests feel welcome.
13. Mora – Intuitive organization for the evolving experience of care
Mora is a system designed by Colin Nourie, offers intuitive organization for the evolving experience of care. Designing healing spaces to be adaptive gives healthcare organizations the flexibility to address both short- and long-term challenges. Mora is a versatile alternative to casework designed to fit together precisely for a clean, architectural look and the thoughtful capability to customize. Mora is a beautiful, intuitive way to organize, with storage choices that keeps some supplies concealed and others readily accessible.